- Payment and Refund Policy
- All payments must be made in full or payment arrangements approved by FIU Housing must be in place prior to move in.
- Payments are accepted by
- Credit Card (Visa/MC, Discover and American Express)
- Debit Card
- Personal Checks
- Cashier’s Check or Money Orders
- Housing processing fees, rent payments, late fees, cancellation fees, buyouts, meal plans, and damage charges are:
- Except for Refunds allowed pursuant to the criteria as outlined in the terms and conditions of the Housing Agreement, which must be met prior to any refund.
- Housing processing fee may be not be transferred to another student.
- All cancellation requests must meet the cancellation criteria as provided in the Housing Agreement to be considered. If any of the conditions set forth in Housing Agreement apply, the cancellation request must be submitted in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org or FIU Housing—FIU Housing, University Towers, #121, Miami, FL 33199.
- For additional information regarding this policy, please contact: email@example.com.
All decisions regarding refund(s) are final.
Thank you for visiting the Florida International University (FIU) Housing website. Your privacy is very important to us. Simply stated, we do not collect personal information about you when you visit the FIU Housing site unless you choose to make such information available to us.
When you visit the FIU Housing site, the University's Web server automatically recognizes only the Internet domain and IP address from which you accessed the site. This information does not result in the identification of your personal e-mail address or other personal information. In addition, information is only gathered regarding the volume and timing of access to the site by collecting information on the date, time and pages you visited while at the site. This is done so that the content of the site can be improved, and your personal information is not identified or shared with other organizations.
If you choose to share personal information with us, such as by subscribing to an enewsletter, sending a message, or filling out an electronic form with personal information, the information will be saved for a designated period of time in order to comply with the state of Florida's archiving policies. However, information will not be disclosed to third parties or other government agencies, unless required by state or federal law. Please note that Florida's public records law requires that all information received in connection with state business including e-mail addresses, be made available to anyone upon request, unless the information is subject to a specific statutory exemption. If you do not want your email address disclosed as a public record, please contact the University via telephone or by U.S. mail.