Day of Check-in
Before Arriving to campus
Students will check-in online, at my.fiu.edu -> Student Tools -> Student Housing -> MMC Housing -> Summer Check-in. Once this is completed, their One Card will be activated and allow them to swipe into the building in which they live and the entry door to their apartment or suite.
Upon Arrival to Campus
- Panther Hall residents will report to the tent at the front of the circle. Parkview and Lakeview South residents will report to the desk.
- Students will show that the online check-in has been completed.
- Cars will be allowed into the circle drive for unloading only. Cars that have no student belongings will not be allowed in the unloading zones and must park in the corresponding lot for the buildings:
- Panther/Parkview Parking area - Lot 7
- Lakeview Parking Area – Lot 5
- Volunteers will help unload the car into carts and take them to the room.
- Once the car is unloaded it must immediately move out of the unloading zone to the assigned lot for move-in.
- If the student is alone, the carts will be stored under the watchful eye of FIU staff while the student parks their car.
- All carts must be unpacked immediately upon arrival to your room in order for the volunteer to take the carts downstairs for the next student moving in.
- Parking permits are not required on move-in day. Do not park on sidewalks, on the grass, or in ADA spaces.
- In efforts to make your move-in day easy, we encourage students to print our HRL Car Contact form prior. Please write your name and phone number, and place the form on your vehicle's dashboard while parking in the loading zone.
Move- In Directional Map